Nielsen Is Hiring-Work From Home Job
Table of Contents
About The Role:
The Data Mapping Editor position performs metadata editing functions related to the ongoing development and creation of media databases and content, specifically in the audiovisual sphere. This person will be responsible for performing high-volume, complex manipulations on the entertainment information that forms the core of Gracenote’s media database, with special focus channel ownership and content creation.
- Acquire, normalize and enhance entertainment metadata regarding programs and TV listings from a variety of channels and top content providers.
- Analyze TV program schedules, assess network, syndicated, and local TV program information in databases.
- Investigate, confirm and document questionable program content by consulting program information providers and others.
- Consolidate data content and new program information in databases.
- Edit and maintain TV listings information.
- Maintain accurate database information and provide timely updating of listings information.
- Ensure the accuracy of editorial listings, the authenticity of program information, and timely delivery to in-house personnel.
- Analyze, develop and recommend solutions to content, communication, and technical procedural and operational needs.
- Ensure on-time delivery of accurate and reliable information.
- Analyze program information provided by sources, assess database information, and map IDs correctly within the mapping interface.
- Manage email and other communications with globally dispersed teams.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills
- Any Graduate.
- Excellent written and verbal English skills.
- Strong organizational, grammatical, analytical, spelling, writing, and communication skills.
- Good internet research abilities.
- A quality-focused individual with a high level of attention to detail.
- Able to work in a self-directed and fast-paced environment.
- Ready to work in a 24/7 operation, including evening, night, and weekend shifts.
- Excellent keyboarding skills are expected.
- Knowledge of international TV shows, and the media sector in general, is a pl
About the Team:Gracenote, a Nielsen Media company, provides entertainment metadata and technology that powers the world’s top cable and satellite providers, consumer electronics, automakers and music services. Metadata drives all product lines — all are based on data connectivity! We provide clients with a comprehensive global database of compositions, writers and publishers – linking compositions to recordings at scale using machine learning. Providing publishers, societies and entertainment services with essential reference data for rights management.
About Nielsen:As the arbiter of truth, Nielsen Global Media fuels the media industry with unbiased, reliable data about what people watch and listen to. To discover what’s true, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are armed with the truth, they have a deeper understanding of their audiences and can accelerate growth. Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!