Vista Jet Is Hiring-Work From Home/Office Job
Table of Contents
Vista Global, the global business aviation group, integrates a unique portfolio of companies offering asset-light services to cover all aspects of business aviation, through its brands. The group’s mission is to lead the change to provide customers with the most advanced flying services and the very best value, anytime, anywhere around the world.
The Accounting team based in Malta is responsible for the preparation of monthly, quarterly, and annual consolidated financial accounts and IFRS financial statements for all entities within the Group.
As we are growing, we are looking for two new Accountants to join the team in our fast-paced and dynamic company.
- Gain a detailed understanding of the Group’s business with particular emphasis on the assigned areas of responsibility as well as the monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reporting timeframes, processes, and systems;
- Take ownership of the monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting tasks for the assigned entities or areas of responsibility, including but not limited to inter-company reconciliations, completeness of accruals and prepayments, ensuring proper cost allocation and capitalization, review and reconciliation of Balance Sheet accounts, preparation of financial statements, etc;
- Provide management with explanations and analysis to support the costs, revenue or balances as may be required from time to time;
- Provide external auditors with documentation, explanations, and analysis as necessary to assist with the smooth execution of annual audits or quarterly reviews;
- Assist in documenting and updating of internal processes and procedures as necessary and contribute to the overall development and continuous improvement of such processes through feedback and active participation;
- Understand the overall finance team objectives and assist team members as necessary in the wider interest of the team and its overall goals.
Required Skills, Qualifications, and Experience
- Strong understanding of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS), experience of IFRS16 and IFRS 9 is desirable;
- In possession of an accountancy qualification (ACCA or similar). Some experience of IFRS 16 and IFRS 9 is desirable;
- Able to work independently whilst remaining accountable;
- You can make sense of the numbers and challenge the data, seeking and offering explanations when necessary;
- You maintain a high level of accuracy whilst delivering to tight deadlines;
- You are able to work well within a team and can develop and maintain effective relationships with colleagues;
- Some experience of fixed asset accounting is desirable but not essential;
- Some experience of Maltese VAT reporting is desirable but not essential;
- Have an advanced level of proficiency in Microsoft Excel;
- Be fluent in both written and spoken English;
- Knowledge of SAP and/or experience in the Aviation sector will be considered an asset.