WEN India is hiring-Work From Home Job
Table of Contents
Function/ Initiative: WEN Liftoff
Duration: 6 months(6 days a week)
Mission: Accelerating economic development in emerging economies through high-value job creation Objectives: Enabling the creation of 10M jobs and placement of 25M by 2030 across 20-25 emerging economies
Wadhwani Foundation is a not-for-profit with the primary mission of accelerating economic development in emerging economies by driving large-scale job creation through entrepreneurship, innovation and skills development. Founded in 2000 by Silicon Valley entrepreneur, Dr. Romesh Wadhwani, today the Foundation is scaling impact in 25 countries across Asia, Africa, and Latin America through the following Initiatives:
- Wadhwani Advantage: Accelerating the growth of tens of thousands of SMEs by providing personalized, on-demand knowledge and consulting resources through an AI-enabled mobile platform to create millions of new jobs.
- Wadhwani Entrepreneur: Inspiring, educating, and enabling Startup entrepreneurs Wadhwani Liftoff : Maximizes success rates of early-stage startups with enhanced business traction and funding opportunities
- Wadhwani NEN: Empowers students with knowledge and skills through Courses and Startup Labs to create high-potential startups
- Wadhwani Opportunity: Empowering millions of students with 21st century employability skills that drive family supporting wages.
- Wadhwani Institute of Technology and Policy (WITP): Support government and civil society at large with the dual mission of – (1) Providing information, insights, and recommendations for the application of technology for policy making, policy implementation, and policy outcomes measurement. (2) Creating a Technology-focused Training Academy for upskilling policy makers, bureaucrats and technocrats with relevant technologies and the application of the same to their respective ministries and missions.
We are looking for self-starting Interns who can assist the WEN Liftoff Team with Program operations, management, implementation, and coordination. Not only will you hone your skills alongside a fun, creative multicultural team, but you’ll also enjoy the perks of a working closely with different stakeholders of startup and entrepreneurial ecosystem (Incubators, Accelerators, State Startup Missions, Investors, Mentors and Startups) across India.
- Key activities will be in the area of sourcing, selection, platform on-boarding, cohort launches and deployment, and interfacing with early-stage startups, Incubator Partners, Mentors, Consultants, and/or Investors.
- Support in Cohort progression mapping and follow-ups with Startup Founders wherever there are gaps during the program.
- Schedule and be part of Pitching Bootcamps, Flash Pitches, Mock Pitches, and Investors Demo Day;
- Collating and creating weekly reports of the engagement, using excel and other monitoring tools such as Power BI and sharing with internal and external stakeholders.
- Create poster/flyers/videos for events, webinars, etc.
- Database management and research for potential incubators/ecells for sourcing startups
- Support the Liftoff Team in end to end Program Management and daily operations;
Qualifications and Skills:
- Preferably an MBA/Master’s student;
- Good communication skills, relations handling, deep understanding and know-how of social media platforms; Photoshop & video editing skills; excellent English proficiency (oral and written); Use of data analysis tools such as Excel and PowerBI, platforms such as Canva, Prezi, Adobe, Illustrators, etc.
- Rewards and Incentives:
- Completely Work from Home
- Internship experience certificate.
- Monthly stipend
- Letter of Recommendation for the top performers
- Super exposure to Startup Ecosystem and interaction with Startups.