Work From Home, Duckcreek company
Table of Contents
WHO WE ARE:
Duck Creek Technologies is the intelligent solutions provider defining the future of the property and casualty (P&C) and general insurance industry. We are the platform upon which modern insurance systems are built, enabling the industry to capitalize on the power of the cloud to run agile, intelligent, and evergreen operations. Our modern SaaS solutions help insurers set a new standard and revolutionize how consumers interact with insurance companies.
Authenticity, purpose, and transparency are core to Duck Creek, and we believe insurance should be there for individuals and businesses when, where, and how they need it most. Our market-leading solutions are available on a standalone basis or as a full suite, and all are available via Duck Creek OnDemand. With more than 1,000 successful implementations to date, Duck Creek removes the IT burden for insurers so they can focus on the business of insurance.
We have a flock of more than 1,800 employees across the globe and are proud to be a Flexible-First employer. We empower our employees with the choice to work from an office, from home, or on a hybrid schedule. Our flexible-first environment fosters productivity, inclusion, collaboration, and ensures a consistent employee experience regardless of location.
If working in a fast-paced, rapidly evolving company that is transforming one of the world’s oldest and largest industries sounds exciting, let us know. We are excited you are considering Duck Creek as a future employer and hope you decide to join “The Flock”!
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
The Senior Associate Content Engineer configures content solutions for P&C core systems processing from low complexity Agile stories. Reads and interprets rules and requirements from standard organizations and converting them into configuration requirements.
- Designs, codes, and/or configures solutions for moderate complexity Agile stories with some guidance from more a senior software engineer.
- Debugs and resolves moderate complexity software bugs or issues, working independently, and finds the real root cause and provides a fix without collateral damage.
- Writes automated unit and integration-level tests under own direction.
- May create or support the creation of a conceptual design/architecture for small scale software solutions with guidance from an architect or more senior developer.
- May provide guidance and mentoring to more junior software engineers.
- Follows development standards and effectively demonstrates technical solutions to other software engineers in code reviews.
- Assists in making source code management decisions for one or more teams.
- Performs source code management tasks without specific guidance required from other team members.
- Performs other related duties and activities as required.
WHAT YOU’VE DONE:
- Bachelor’s degree, or higher education level, or its foreign equivalent, in Computer Science, Computer Information Sciences, and/or related field
- Total Work Experience: 6+ years (software development), 4 years minimum,
- Product Experience: 2 years minimum, 4+ years preferred
- Domain Experience: 2 years minimum, 4+ years preferred
- Specialized Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities:
- Expert in Object-oriented design, Java or .NET development, Relational OLTP queries and Relational database design
- Expert in Duck Creek Policy or Billing or Claims or Engagement (AP) or Data Insights
- Ability to manage to deadlines, communicate in a team, and operate independently with guidance
- Understands how to estimate, analyze, and the Software Product Development Lifecycle with Agile methodology
- Understands Insurance domain knowledge
WHAT WE STAND FOR:
Our global company celebrates & leverages the differences each employee brings to the table. Our success is a direct result of an inclusive culture where opportunities to learn from one another occur regardless of title, seniority, or background. This collaborative and team-oriented approach is at the core of how we operate and continuously improve our products, services, and systems. As such, Duck Creek is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants – to recruit, hire, train, and reward employees for their individual abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, color, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, marital, military, or any other protected status.
We strive to be an example to the world of inclusion, diversity, and equity in all things – where employees are free to be their authentic selves in the workplace and in the communities in which we live. We believe in leading by example and are proud of the diversity of our team and our shared commitment to our Core Values: We Prioritize Respect; We Listen; We Care; We Add Value; and We Lead.